Are you looking for a different kind of roofing system? Consider installing a wood shake roof to add a bit of personality to your home. Wood shakes are natural products cut from a variety of tree types, including cedar wood. They are also very attractive, giving your home the feeling of a woodland cottage or historic home.
As an experienced roofing company that’s served customers for more than 25 years, we have the skills needed to work with wood shakes and shingles. Our certified roofers can get your roof replacement completed quickly and to the highest industry standards.
Enjoy the Charm of a Rustic Wood Shake Roof
Wood shake roofing is still a surprisingly popular choice for residential properties across the country. It instantly brings rustic charm to any building, yet also provides plenty of protection. There’s a reason wood shakes have been used on homes for hundreds of years.
If you are thinking about installing a roof with wood shakes and shingles, here are some of the benefits to consider:
- Excellent Insulator: Wood shakes are a poor conductor of heat, meaning they will slow heat loss from your home in the winter and keep you cool in summer.
- Wind Resistance: Designed by nature to resist wind, heat, and snow, wood is also heavy enough and durable enough to withstand most storms.
- Improved Roof Strength: Certain types of wood shakes have been shown to increase the strength of the roof. Consider installing attractive redwood or cedar shakes for this benefit.
Homeowners interested in wood shakes and shingles may also need to spend more time on upkeep. There are a few annual tasks you need to complete as part of wood shake roof maintenance, such as regular power washing of the roof and replacement of the occasional damaged shingle. However, our experts can help with the small roof repairs needed to keep your property looking great.
Contact Us About Installing this Roofing on Your Property
To get started with your wood shake roof installation right away, give Bartlett Roofing a call to set up a complimentary inspection with a roof installation estimate. We have a large team ready to service homes across the Southwest, Western States, Upper Midwest, and Pacific Northwest.
Feel free to ask us about any of our other roofing services like:
- Commercial Roof Installation
- Residential Roofing Services
- Storm Damage Restoration
Learn more about installing a wood shake roof right away. Fill out our online form and we’ll be happy to contact you for an appointment.